• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New guy (wants to design)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

Hey everyone I am a airplane fanatic and have been since i was 6. I have always hoped to design and build my own plane. I design and build paper models and just recently completed my first scratch built RC.

Recently I decided I wanted to buy a mostly completed project in the form of a Ragwing Special. The engine originally mounted on the plane just didn't want to work and kept seizing (the plane never flew) so the guy just parked it in the hangar and never came back to it. He has an engine he's willing to sell me as well. I committed to buy it but now am thinking of backing out. I read in the latest EAA sport magazine about the revised regs and 51% interpretation and I doubt that I could get it registered.

Anyway when i came to that conclusion (someone tell me if I might be wrong) I decided that maybe I should design my own very simple ELSA. Steel tube frame low wing monoplane with a 55-65hp engine. I have already started the design of a much more complex aircraft but thought I might start with something simple.

Anyway the pictures from first to last are:

1. A screencapture of my dream machine a 250 hp inverted gull wing hot rod (my own design). I have created and flown the plane in X-plane and have seen 280 kts in level flight.

2. My newest design of a fairly simple ELSA.

3. A foam RC Super Corsair that i designed and built from scratch.

4. The Raqwing special I wanted to buy but now think i couldn't get registered.

Attachments

• frontleft.jpg
    frontleft.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 160
  • SIMPLE.jpg
    SIMPLE.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 160
  • Rside.jpg
    Rside.jpg