New Community Amphibious LSA VAL-31 "Aquarius" a non commercial project

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Today is our Cure The Epoxy day. Everything that was previously epoxy covered and constructed is meant to be placed into our improvised thermocameratent and heated to approximately 65 Celsius (~ 150 F) I really doubt that we might reach that high inside of a cold Hangar - but we will try. Please look at the Diesel driven blower down under the tent - That is a 80, 000 BTU professional grade blower. And the thermostat is outside of the tent to keep the blower up and running. we keep our eyes wide open to make sure that the extinguisher is right next to the area.

DryingBooth_01.jpg DryingBooth_00.jpg

Last edited:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
...I was wondering how hard it is to grind or sand carbon skin.
A bit of a correction related to this question. The surface that is expected to be after the curing is not an ideal by the design. This "wet composites" construction method that we use for prototyping is a bit different from the plug to mold to parts construction workflow. Our prototype is functioning as our plug so to speak and expected to be grinned and sanded during the manual post curing processing. That part is our "manufacturing" overhead. For the most of our homebuilders that won't be any of that "in house" unless someone wants to make the plane exactly step by step "like me". The final users of our technology would be laying their parts inside of a mold set . But for us - that is a pre-construction process and yes we will be dusting a lot. For that purpose we have a dust collector

ShaitamMashinen.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Here is an example of our "finishing" hull clean up. That is an epoxy microsphere mixture similar to epoxy putty / that is used for auto bodyshop repair things . Please keep in mind that this is a middle layer and will be covered with a couple of more layers of a carbon fiber reinforcement materials along with the rest of a body for that boat before we turn the thing up side down

Hull_0124.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
...For the most of our homebuilders that won't be any of that "in house" unless someone wants to make the plane exactly step by step "like me". The final users of our technology would be laying their parts inside of a mold set . ...
About a year ago I started another topic About my idea of a KITSTER ™. It seams to me that such an approach would be an ideal for the final delivery of VAL-31 "Aquarius" aircraft across many communities. The mobile mini-factories is another component of our free to all collection of the production implementations steps that we have prepared for our fellow builders. In my opinion both programs together might boost the performance of composites construction quite a bit. It would be very very much interesting venture if someone might be willing to step forward and get started participating in our program . Anyone is welcomed and I am sure that this program will not take much of your time or a lot of money form your pocket . Feel free to write me call me or send me a note. Cheers

anvegger

HBA Supporter
The most excited work that we do is always outside of my patience . Today a lot of interesting parts have been constructed and tested . Let us start from our aileron' ribs. Take a look at the moving abilities

Nervure_0.jpg Nervure_01.jpg Nervure_00.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
As I tried to explain before the wing construction will be somehow extra ordinary And of cause we have to start from something. So

Nervure_02.jpg Nervure_03.jpg Nervure_04.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
The actual work like that (sawing) create a lot of dust. So - that is why the dust eater is becoming very very handy

DustEater_01.jpg DustEater_00.jpg DustEater_0.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Why weave when you need unidirectional fiber orientation in the spar cap and +-45 in the web?
I am working on a collection from my monitoring devise that helps everyone with making a conclusion of how the main spar may become a project by itself. It takes a lot of professional expertise manual work and calculations to make that part exactly like it supposed to be done. let us review a couple of episodes from the Raptor Aircraft project that we all will consider as our inspirational stream

MOLD IS ALMOST READY
SPAR THREE PIECES MOLD
SPAR MOLD IS READY
SPAR CURING
SPAR TRIMMING
SPAR INSTALLATION

Last edited:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
We are working very hard to take this plane to the AirVenture this year. Many thanks to Igor and the rest of my crew for such a hard work - I do my best to keep everyone in the happiest state: full (not hungry) excited and smiling

NightWork_00.jpg DryingBooth_02.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Our hard work has been recognized by all members of our community. President of our EAA Chapter 106 visited our hangar this morning and posted his thumb up for all around the world. Thanks Boss!!

PresidentRecognition.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Our EAA Chapter 106 President Mr Brian Lloyd in recognition of our best performance took Igor flying up in the air today on his Cherokee 140. The best reward that is possible for all of us fellow builders. And he said that the width of our cabin (cockpit) is exactly suitable for his size man. That is a feedback that we are expecting

PresidentRecognition_00.jpg CoastFlight_00.jpg CoastFlight_01.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Our Saturday delivery was quite interesting. we started from a trip to Sanford ME for a Alton Bay Runway operation 2018 presented by FAA Safety inspectors Steven Brown, John Wood many of our potential clients were there . Very informative and stunning I did not know as an example that it would be absolutely a must to keep warm and well heated to fly there . No breaks required whatsoever

SafetyBriefing_00.jpg SafetyBriefing_01.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
The trip was very much worth it and we talked to many people in that area. And then when came back we finished a few things that have been initiated earlier this week.

CarbonFiberCured_00.jpg CarbonFiberCured_01.jpg CarbonFiberCured_02.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Then I personally jumped on top of our hull and tested the power of Carbon Fiber Reinforced material

CarbonFiberCured_04.jpg CarbonFiberCured_03.jpg CarbonFiberCured_05.jpg CarbonFiberCured_06.jpg