New Community Amphibious LSA VAL-31 "Aquarius" a non commercial project

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Sorry for any inconvenience guys I am not sure why those pictures that I have posted cannot be viewed. I am trying keeping them in a minimal weight structure just for observation. But I am sure that one day we will be able to assemble a little slide show for demonstration of our progress please stay tuned. Due to the rainy summer we did not fly to Oshkosh this year - we need a flying boat which is not quite ready yest to fly. May be next year.

anvegger

HBA Supporter
A local Civil Air Patrol squadron visited us on Thursday night. We spent two hours sharing our progress and building a bit of an experience distributing Composites Plane Building skills

CAPVisit_00.jpg CAPVisit_01.jpg CAPVisit_04.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Laminated a few panels and looking for a local CNC shop to help us with speed routing services - most likely will be using in house built machine for that purpose.

GlassCarbon_00.jpg GlassCarbon_05.jpg GlassCarbon_11.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
A few months in a project and lots of things to demonstrate. Do my best to keep the progress report up to date and share my pictures just on time Thanks for visiting

SkinConstruction_36.jpg SkinConstruction_46.jpg PanelsBuild_12.jpg BoatPlug_01.jpg

Last edited:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Overall We have completed a few important milestones since the last post period. And do our best in the gaining the composites construction skills

SkinConstruction_30.jpg BoatPlug_00.jpg SkinConstruction_38.jpg SkinConstruction_37.jpg

Last edited:

lr27

My compliments to those of you who are able to accomplish useful work under the weather conditions up there.

BJC
It's nothing. No trouble at all after you mop up all the liquid nitrogen in the morning.

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Samara and River Volga (My wife's home town) from the sky

Last edited by a moderator:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
The process of how do I construct my skin is kind of unusual but it seams to be working fine. I have a plug as a collection of 2" Lowe's styrofoam ribs cut with hotwire GAW-2 airfoil profile , covered with 3M blue tape and 3M Scotch for a part release . That plug/mold is placed inside of a vacuum bag for about 8 hours with a sandwich made of a 5 layers of:
1. layer of a peel ply size 520 mm x 2800 mm
2. Home made prepreg 3K Carbon from Soler Composites size 515 mm x 2710 mm
3. FOAMULAR 1/4 in. R-1 Fanfold Rigid Foam Board Insulation collected into 510 mm x 2710 mm
4. Home made prepreg 3K Carbon from Soler Composites size 515 mm x 2710 mm
5. layer of a peel ply size 520 mm x 2800 mm

This sandwich is covered with plastic cover to protect from being joined with my vacuum bag system

WingPlug_05.jpg VacuumBag24.jpg SkinConstruction_22.jpg ReadyForTest_01.jpg

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Proof of that concept is successfully tested today. About 300 lb of real weight is applied to the homemade skin that is wrapped around home made rib

ReadyForTest_04.jpg ReadyForTest_05.jpg ReadyForTest_06.jpg NewAndImprovedPlug_01.jpg