• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Motorcycle On Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N15KS

I'd like to share a video of my project and solicite constructive feedback. Any ideas, thoughts or concerns are appreciated. Many peoples suggestions are incorporated into this prototype.

This began as an interest in roadable aircraft and evolved into a cargo pod to carry a motorcycle (225-250cc). The pod has an integral winch system to raise it to/from the belly so the motorcycle may be removed without heavy lifting. It takes 3-4 minutes to remove the bike, unfold the handlebars and hit the roads. The motorcycle carries two adults and keeps up with freeway traffic.

IMG_4622S.jpg
IMG_3799S.jpg
IMG_4736s.jpg

There’s a lot more information on the website: www.MotorcyclePilot.com If you click the “News” button, there are some interesting pictures from construction and load testing.

I plan on making a few of these for other RV-10 owners but I’d really like to get STCs for the Cirrus SR-22, Cessna 182, etc. If anyone has experience with STCs, I’d really like to hear from you.

-David Shelton

Last edited by a moderator:
Back