• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

M14 powered, 4 place high, performance composite.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benismo

As a Pitts Model 12 builder I have become familiar with the venerable and fantastic Vedeneyev M14-P engine. With the Pitts "only" about 2 years from completion I can't help but wonder what will follow. I imagine an aircraft that I don't think has yet been designed. I want something to cover a lot of scenery with. Think of this.. a 4 place, possibly pressurised, most likely composite construction, high speed, retractable, M14 powered aircraft. A moderised YAK 18 if you will.. Although tricycle drivers need not apply, this machine needs a tailwheel. (My opinion only, none of my drawings support the little wheel up front). Picture Rare Bear as a scaled down, widened (is that a word?) 4 place homebuilt. Maybe even the Legend as an M14 powered 4 place aircraft. Drop in any of the latest EFIS systems and blast around with the family at something in excess of 200 knots. Surely it's possible to pull together something that makes over 200 knots with 360 HP up front!?
All I need is someone to design the thing.
Any takers?

Back