• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for plane suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truk9889

recently earned my private certificate after searching around on the internet the closest thing i could come to what i needed was a 206 on floats with its major drawback being speed. after looking around on aso.com for a nice 206 i discovered the lsa/experimental tab and it really opened the door to possibilities. i really like the compairs particularly the comp air 8 52xl. planned on using a v8 auto engine for power GM's LS9 crate engine. what i need in the plane are: high cruise speed <200, amphibious (i realize with the floats cruise speed will decrease), seating for at least 6, low fuel consumption >25gph. from what i can tell the comp air 8 with the v8 meets all of these. if yall know of a better/bigger plane that can accomplish this id love to check it out. feel free to correct anything ive posted if its incorrect im new to this and it will not insult me at all, im here to learn.

Back