• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Lack of paper work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arizonarotors

I hope a DAR, or other knowledgeable person, can help me sort this out.

Here’s the situation:

The Spezio Tuholer has fascinated me since the plans first came out in 1961, or so.

There is a Spezio project on Barnstormers.

I wanted to purchase the airframe and mount my Rotec R2800 to it.

The owner, a real nice guy, offered me a deal on the airframe that was pretty good.

The owner does not have a registration or an airworthiness certificate for the airframe. He states that he has a data plate for the aircraft.

I passed on the deal because of the lack of paperwork.

Is there any legal, above board, way to get an airworthiness certificate for this aircraft.

I did not build it. There is no “paper trail” with the project. I can’t lie to my DAR and attest that I built this airframe.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jim

Back