Quantcast

Jungster 1 & 2 aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

M Clarke

Dominic, I found an online article last night about your jungster. Really interesting! I live very close to the last place your airplane was in the US.

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
Yes it has a great back story, pretty special to bring this one back to the air.
We will be putting her back to her original livery too.
here is a pic of Dottie and her husband with it around 1967
E315AE60-D190-417B-9503-6927029B2A2F.jpeg

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
That’s great! Please post pics of her.
Is it this one per chance? A buddy was in the hanger a few years back when it was for sale I think, and took a pic to send me.

I haven’t got round to the gear on ours but I think it might have a similar problem with the springs.
it’s quite a narrow track, I have heard of a few with widened and lengthened gear2D688195-6E5D-4103-9A21-0B6C921CA79C.jpeg

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
I’ve emailed Jerry Kerr the builder if this lovely Jungster 1 and asked if he could post all his pics here. The details of his all his mods will be gold to future builders. He really went the extra mile.

3F076458-11AC-4A88-9F58-B30FF1F15FF0.jpeg

andyvg52

HBA Supporter
Th
That’s great! Please post pics of her.
Is it this one per chance? A buddy was in the hanger a few years back when it was for sale I think, and took a pic to send me.

I haven’t got round to the gear on ours but I think it might have a similar problem with the springs.
it’s quite a narrow track, I have heard of a few with widened and lengthened gearView attachment 104205
That's it

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
Thanks for posting pics.
I would like to see details of how the rear turtle deck was done to allow the seat the way it is.

andyvg52

HBA Supporter
Seat back was too upright, needed some rake.. if I remember removed first cross bar, enlarged turtle deck opening, installed split hose so as to protect my scalpIMG_20201115_154721.jpgIMG_20201115_154620.jpg

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
Thanks for pics and details!
I’m going to start with lowering and extending the seat forward to give better leg support, similar to some Pitts have.
With the altered geometry of the lower seat position I might be able to achive a slight recline via some padding and a wedge shape parachute.
I’m not super keen to cut the rear bulkhead up if I can avoid it.
The sketch is a very rough idea.2A5835BB-5EC5-46AE-B8D8-36A0C8293B95.jpegA467741C-24BB-45B0-AEEB-C371CAC965E2.jpeg

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
I thought it was very informative to have both the onboard and observer views in the spin video. It was interesting to see some differences in behavior in left/right spins, and with/without pro-spin rudder held in. It looked like he only had to move controls to neutral to stop the spin, in each scenario.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
The early model Small Block Chevy engine used different engine mounts as in 1957. They used rear engine mounts on each side of the bell-housing and front engine mounts on each side of the front of the engine below the water pump. Check on the front mounts for your replacements. Later models use a side mount on each side of the engine block and a cross-member under the transmission and a rubber mount between the cross member and the transmission.

Second picture is of the complete front engine mount as used in the car so you get an idea of the parts and how used. Top brackets bolt to front of engine and bottom brackets to the frame.

Last edited:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Pops I think you have posted that in the wrong spot huh?🤪
This is Jungster 1&2 👍
No, I was answering his question at the bottom of post #14 about the rubber pucks for his landing gear. Maybe I should have referenced my answer to the post. Now he know his LG pucks are 1957 Chevy and where to get them.