I bought plans to a ULF-1 and want to build it. Yeah, I said it.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Gregory Perkins

are they dimensioned or do you have to scale (measure )the drawing?......... you would be best to at least redraw in a simple 2D cad program to get an idea what they should look like....3D cad is harder. If there is a web group for this aircraft you should join and ask questions and find problems......Often plans have mistakes so good drawn to scale drawings will help you find those mistakes. I used to make drawings for a living and of course I say "it all starts with good drawings".
Which 2D CAD programs are you recommending that are "easier" ?

proppastie

Log Member
Which 2D CAD programs are you recommending that are "easier" ?
there are several but I have only sampled them because I still have my V14 autocad which I use....."LibreCad" (LibreCAD - Free Open Source 2D CAD) is one....most recently looked at.... you should just download and play with them to see which you like.

you also can make 2D drawings in a 3D program like Onhape Onshape | Product Development Platform.......
or FreeCad FreeCAD: Your own 3D parametric modeler

Last edited:

Fiberglassworker

The EAA SW license is a student license. That will let you do anything the main ($5000) program does except print. It will overlay your print with the words STUDENT EDITION NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE or similar wording depending on the version you are using.