• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Honda J35 vs Subaru EG33

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alessandre

Thinking in an engine 220-240hp I'm considering these 2 options.
It seems that the Honda has less weight, but it has a VTEC system that I wouldn't know what to do with it in a conversion if I decided to use a non-original injection system. Subaru already has older technology and long-term experience here on the forum, but it seems more difficult to find and has less reliability than the Honda.
The V6 seems to have a slight disadvantage compared to the flat 6 cylinders for torsional vibration. Is that relevant?
Thinking PRSU an SPG-5 looks like it would go better in a Subaru because of the only 101mm of axis distance of that transmission. What should be a good PRSU for Honda no too much more expansive than SPG?
I don't know nothing about successful long term Honda J35 auto conversion, if someone know this is the space for share, please.

Back