• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Homebuilt aircraft ID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljdriver

A friend and I picked up a low wing monoplane from a man who bought it 8 years ago at an estate auction. He failed to ask for the documentation that went with the purchase so there is absolutely no paperwork, engine or propeller log books or anything else. The engine is supposed to be a Continental C-75 but I will need to pull a jug off to check the bore size to verify it because the Data Plate is very faded and almost unreadable. According to the Type Certificate Data Sheet, the C-75 and the C-85 are the same engine except for the carburetor. There is also a McCauley 1A90 CF7447 metal prop that has been shortened to 61 1/2 inches.

The aircraft itself is in fairly rough shape but could be restored. I cannot seem to find a picture of one like it and ask that anyone who is familiar with this aircraft let me know what it is. There are many pictures at the following web site:

monaroracing.com - /plane/

If you are interested in purchasing the whole package let me know.

Last edited:
Back