Quantcast

Holy Grail for Cluttonfred

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Marc W

I got a copy of the Fall 1959 Edition of Air Progress magazine. In it is an article titled "Ultra-Lights, Past and Present". This is 1959 so we aren't talking about Weedhoppers here. Instead the article lists 51 planes such as the Chilton, Mooney Mite, Jodel D9 and the like, plus many older designs. Matthew would be in hog heaven reading this!

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Cool! What would it take to bribe you into scanning the article into a PDF for us?

Marc W

The paper is old and yellowed and the pictures were never that clear. I can try but I don't know if its even possible to post images here that are large enough to be readable.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Did someone say my name? ;-) I'd love to see the article. One trick that works pretty well for magazines is to use a document scanning app for your phone. There is one built in to the Notes app on an iPhone (open a new note, click the camera, choose "Scan document") and there are others you can download for iPhone or Android. It will "see" the edges of the page and can compensate for some of the distortion of the binding, odd angles, etc. Then you can export what you scan as a PDF to share, that usually helps get the size down.

Last edited:

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
That issue is available on ebay, as are some others with articles on the Bowers Fly baby, etc. Good inspiration.

Chilton

Both of the Chiltons shown are also still around, AFSV is with Roy Nerou, rebuilt to Train engine configuration, while FGH is with the Joseph brothers being rebuilt to Carden Ford. Neither was flying yet kast I checked, but bith were getting close