• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi. Designing/building hybrid gyro/fixed wing aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi,
I have been a regular (if not that prolific) contributor on the Rotary Wing Forum for a few years now - and since I am designing/building what can only be described as a hybrid gyro/fixed wing aircraft, I've found that group useful only for the gyro-specific aspects of my project. I'm particularly happy to have stumbled on this group - because if it is even half-way as valuable as the RWF has been in the past, I'm in for a real treat as I spend a few weeks reading through the forum archives and getting up to speed.

In a nutshell, my project consists of a regular gyro (tractor config) fitted with wings. The airframe is carbon fiber over foam reinforced with graphlite rods. I'll not bore you with details at this stage, but once I've had a chance to read previous posts, I'll start asking the questions I've got stored up. Mostly at the moment to do with wing design.

I've been designing this aircraft for over 3 years, and think I have finally got most of it sorted out in my head (and on paper). Now it's time to put it to the test and see if it can be built the way I envisage it. I'm currently building the airframe over a wooden skeleton so that I can chop and change cheaply. Once the fine tuning is done, I'll be taking it apart and using the wooden bits as templates for the real thing.

Once again, I'm very happy to have found you guys, and will be back shortly. I've attached a rough sketch of the basic idea. Comments welcome.

Regards,
Duncan

Attachments

• bladerunner v15.jpg
    bladerunner v15.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4,919
Back