• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from St Louis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlkAvEAT

I've been a lurking member here for a bit over a decade, but I figure now is finally the time to speak up and introduce myself.

Professionally I'm an engineering manager, though the switch to management is recent. I've earned degrees in aerospace and mechanical engineering and I've worn several different engineering hats at a few of the big companies over the years. I started as a production engineer at GKN, then a materials and processes engineer at Spirit, then I was a structures and design engineer at NAVAIR, then I had a string of roles at Boeing including stress, loads, structural dynamics, and ground/flight test. I'm the type that wants to learn it all.

I've just completed my private pilot certificate. Picture below is the DPE (Brian) and I after passing my check ride. Most of my training was in a SportCruiser, but I've flown (intro flight or instruction) a 172, a Sportstar, a Searey, an Aventura II, an AirCreations Trike, and a Blanik L23. I gravitate to the lighter side of things mainly because they seem more attainable, though that doesn't always hold true. A Global Explorer by Dean Wilson would be a dream. I really like amphibs, flying boats, and really anything odd in appearance or that places function over form.

I'm not currently building anything, but now that I've finally got the PPL in hand I'd like to begin building or buying something in the not distant future. My next step is probably going to be finally going to an EAA chapter meeting. On the subject, I do plan to fly (right seat) to Oshkosh this year. Maybe I'll get to meet and shake hands with a few of you.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the content of this forum over the years, and appreciate the time some of you take to put thoughtful and insightful posts together. I'm looking forward to contributing a bit of my own, when the occasion comes.

-Jared

Attachments

• DPEandME.jpg
    DPEandME.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
Back