• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fud-4-Thot... Short Final: Consider This...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wktaylor

https://www.avweb.com/features/shortfinal/short-final-consider-this/

AvWeb SHORT FINAL...
The aviation safety culture can be brutal and unforgiving. Consider this sage advice from Angus Kydd, one of the instructors at my home-base airport, years ago. Chatting with a group of students about risk-taking, he said... “Before you do something stupid up there, think of what everyone sitting down here will say about you after they read the accident report.” --staff

OH YEAH... AND people will talk about your accident in-detail...

----------
A Reply... from a father to his daughter-in-law about this very topic...
Recently I discussed this issue with my daughter in law whose response was... ”That shouldn’t happen because everybody is entitled to make a mistake.” That fits nicely with today’s social sensitivity. My response was, “If a car hits you in a pedestrian crossing, will you say, ” that’s ok everyone can make a mistake.” Maybe no worries if you do something dumb but doubt it’s ok if someone else does something dumb and it affects you ? I am still trying figure out the number of angels that can fit on the head of a pin. [email protected]
Aviation in Itself is NOT Inherently Dangerous2.jpg
Captain A. G. Lamplugh, London, 1930's

Another sage perspective from a USAF war-fighting Squadron...
"There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime." --Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Montham AFB, AZ, 1970

Back