• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flying Race 6 Lancair Legacy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rv6ejguy

Supporting Member
Last Friday I was fortunate enough to be offered a flight in Joe Coraggio's Legacy while he was visiting here at Springbank Airport. He ran this aircraft last year at Reno. I shot some video and will put something together for YouTube later this month.

joe4.jpg
joe3.jpg
Thanks very much to Joe for the opportunity and getting me out of the office for an afternoon. We had perfect weather and it was a honor to fly with one of the Young Guns from Reno Sport Class fame. A fine pilot and all around great guy who loves racing. He's modding for more speed in 2024.

The Legacy flies very nicely, better than my RV. It climbs at the same speed as my Vne. Controls are heavier but even more sensitive to minute movements than my RV-6. Acceleration on the runway is impressive, visibility is excellent. SDS EFI is fitted to this Conti IO-550 so I was interested to see how it worked here.

Last edited:
Back