Quantcast

Flying off my hours

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pequeajim

If I complete my aircraft in a builder assist program and have it inspected for air worthyness at a dealer; can the aircraft be ferried to my home airport to fly off the hours? Or when I start flying off the hours, can I change my home base to another airport within the 50 mile radius while flying off the hours?

The dealer is about 70 miles from my home airport, however, there is another airport in between that is <50 miles from the dealer.

I would like to take my time and fly off the bulk of the hours at my home airport, but it seems that the only way to get it there is to take the wings off and trailer it home?

Is there any other solution?

Harvardiv

Hi Jim:

Have you tried asking your dealer about this? I'm sure they have a certified program in place. Keep on truckin'

Chris

Craig

Jim, usually it is no problem to get a waiver for a flight like that. Discuss it with the DAR, or with the local FSDO.

windair

pequeajim,
I see you live close to me, What airport is your home base? I'm based out of Kutztown. Some of my Rotorway buddies are based at Smoketown and one at Keller Brothers.

I would contact Eugene Breiner, our local DAR. He should be able to recomend how to fly your plane home legally.
Nick