• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flying off my hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pequeajim

If I complete my aircraft in a builder assist program and have it inspected for air worthyness at a dealer; can the aircraft be ferried to my home airport to fly off the hours? Or when I start flying off the hours, can I change my home base to another airport within the 50 mile radius while flying off the hours?

The dealer is about 70 miles from my home airport, however, there is another airport in between that is <50 miles from the dealer.

I would like to take my time and fly off the bulk of the hours at my home airport, but it seems that the only way to get it there is to take the wings off and trailer it home?

Is there any other solution?

Back