• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flying in Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedFreak

I'm new here. I don't have a Plane and I'm not a Pilot. YET!
What I do have is a lust for airplanes and (finally) enough time in my life to learn to fly.

Are there any Canadians on the Forum that could give a guy some guidance? Perhaps help me avoid making a mistake that you or someone else has made. (no point in learn'in stuff the hard way)

First of all, is there a site which might help me figure out the rules and regs for Canada?

Second of all, Which lisence do you recommend.

I would like to have something Fast, but realistically, a Float Plane would be much more useful, Home is on the water, Dad's place is on the water, the cottage is on the water. Actually, in Nova Scotia everything is on the water (or really close to it).
I will likely get an ultralight of some description (with floats). I haven't picked one out yet.

Thanks for reading.
Love the site.
George Robson.

Back