first homebuild

Discussion in 'General Experimental Aviation Questions' started by ciffino, Oct 1, 2006.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 1, 2006 #1

ciffino

ciffino

ciffino

first homebuilt

Hi
    I'm considering to built my first ultralight.
    I want to start with a very simple, wood model, like sky pup.
    First question: someone can suggest me similar models, easy to built and to fly suitable for beginner?
    Second question: I found FX SUPERLIGHT model on internet;

http://www.alternative-technologies.org/f-x_super_light.html

someone know it? Who is the designer?
    Thanks in advance
    Umberto

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  2. Nov 9, 2006 #2

gahan

gahan

gahan

hi.
    that was quite a site you posted. I have a feeling that the info you would recieve would not be extensive enough to complete the project, I would imagiane the you may find similar projects in the back of popular mech. I hope some of the brain trust pipes in on this thread. Remember when we would read those types of adds and dream,$10 and dumpster dive for materials! Oh! to be 9 again really guys anybody ever see any of that crap built? the ram jet may run but you will probaly break the windows in the garage

best of success
    tom gahan

3. Nov 13, 2006 #3

Falco Rob

Falco Rob

Falco Rob

Gotta go with Tom on this one - I wouldn't be wasting my twenty five bucks on a set of plans from these guys.

Isn't it interesting that all of the "jet" engines start with the push of a button and easily throttle from idle to full power?

Several of them are also "economical" and can even "develop static thrust under stationary conditions" . . . hmmm.

Forget it Umberto, I'd recommend you consider something like a Corby Starlet.

http://members.shaw.ca/kingdws/frameset.html

Parts are available from Aircraft Spruce, very easy to build, lots of support and flies great on a modified VW engine.

Sorry, just read your post again and see that you want an ultralight. The Starlet comes in at about 450 - 500lbs empty, 650lbs gross - not sure how that fits in with your regs for U/L's in the USA.

Rob

4. Nov 15, 2006 #4

gahan

gahan

gahan

build ultralite

good morning
    have you ever built anything major before? I see you were born in 68
    you ae almost old enough to play:gig: how are you set for space, tools, time and cash? what is general atitude of she who must be obeyed:rolleyes: I went wood with mini max, they were close to home base 40 miles, and have an excelent product they are constantly up dating their product line , it lends itself to scratch build with materials pur. local. 25 horse will get air under the wheels . they are about to introduce trycycle gear . I saw it last week steers with ruder peddles direct to nose wheel very simple .
    I started out with a purchased set of plans for the affordaplane to open for me:eek: well best of luck. OH! join something anything to get closer to this sport/ hobby.
    reguards tom gahan