• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Firewall penetrations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally

Hi,

I now have a few things poking through the firewall like push-pull cables for throttle, mixture, alt. air, fuel lines, etc. I have installed rubber grommets to protect the items from chafing. Now I need to make a fire seal at each of these locations and not sure how to do it.

I have seen drawings of some neat steel flanges with a dished center hole and 2 ears to attach but can't find where to buy them. I was thinking of forming my own but I would like them to look nice and not all hammered. I was also thinking of some large size firesleeve and splitting it to make a gasket over the front of the grommet.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated. This one area seems to be taking a long time to get worked out.

What have others done for going through the firewall?

Thanks,
Wally

Back