• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ever hear of a Pipistrel Alpha?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickathome

The flight school at our airport just purchased one of these little planes to be used as a trainer. One of the instructors flew out to Oshkosh and picked it up over the weekend. I went down to the airport last night to check it out and got the chance to sit in it. Really neat little plane although tough to access for a large man like myself. I watched as the flight school owner and the instructor went up for some practice. The two men each weigh about 210 to 220 lbs and this aircraft climbed like it was empty. They told me they were getting 1000f per minute climbs easily and that is with fuel fuel. It has a 80 HP rotax engine. Really sweet little airplane. I'm going to get checked out in it once they have their insurance issues, etc completed and it's put on the flight line.

Info can be seen here;

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=de242308-eb5b-4e6f-9f73-13b7c24076b5

Back