• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EMT Conduit connectors for projects: Maker Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
I ran across these connectors that can be used with locally available metal conduit to make projects. They are manufactured in South Carolina and sold by a little company called "Maker Pipe." The models below are just a few, they have lots more:
1650587906829.png
1650589059398.png
I'm always needing some sort of rack, fixture, shelf, cart, jig, etc and these fittings work with commonly available 1" or 3/4" EMT and appear to be pretty stout.
They go together with an Allen wrench and come in two finishes. The T connectors are priced at about $3.50 each, prices vary with the complexity of the joint, how many you buy, etc.

Clever: To help with project design, they sell this pack of about 40 tiny plastic versions of their connectors. They work with regular plastic coffee stirrers (also supplied) in place of the EMT. You can mock up a tiny 3D model of your project, then order the connectors you'll need. $5 for the kit of "minis,"(and it comes with a $5 coupon for a future purchase).

1650587662842.png
I have no connection (ahem) with this company, but just thought this product might be of interest to other tinkerers. With these connectors and a conduit bender, a lot of big and little projects would be easy to do. Their web site shows a lot of user projects. If I were a welder, I suppose I'd find it less interesting.

Last edited:
Back