• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EAA flight advisor program?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13brv3

Supporting Member
Greetings,

I'll be finishing a Onex after the new year, and insurance companies all want some sort of training before they will provide insurance. Most want a CFI checkout in a Sonex which would be great, but won't likely be realistic. Avemco will also accept participation in the EAA flight advisor program, which should be more doable, but I really don't know much about it. I've read about it on the EAA site, but that still didn't tell me much. I (think I) understand there's no flying, only briefing? Avemco even mentioned possibly being done remotely due to COVID. I've built and test flown 6 aircraft, so I'm not seeing much value in this, but if it's a painless way to check off the Avemco box, it might be my best option. Has anyone used the EAA flight advisor program? How does it work?

Thanks,
Rusty

Back