Deep BreatHER© - an innovative engine construction

Discussion in 'Supplier / Manufacturer Announcements' started by invEngin, May 17, 2015.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. May 17, 2015 #1

invEngin

invEngin

invEngin

Dear reader,

The original idea you read about in Lemans thread on the HomeBuiltAirplanes forum required building a prototype to deliver proof of its potential. Lemans recognized the necessity of a legal format in order to raise the necessary funds. Together with four shareholders invEngin was founded.

In a first stage Lemans’ idea evolved into a partial prototype – called ‘Spinner’ – to allow for preliminary tests. These tests surpassed all expectations. Lemans chose not to apply invEngin capital to establish a full working engine, but instead to develop his concept further.

About a year later he finished the design of the ‘Deep BreatHER©’ engine. This second stage promised stunning results, dwarfing the earlier success of the Spinner. Examples of these results can be found on the invEngin website.

Deep BreatHER© is an innovative engine construction with unseen performance. We are convinced our technology offers a substantial commercial advantage. In it’s present form already offering diverse solutions to multitude market needs, Deep BreatHER© can be adapted to hybrid technology.

As an alternative to building Deep BreatHER© in private management, invEngin sees conditions fit to partner with an engine construction company. We reach out to you and your network to establish an introduction to such a company. If you are interested to know more about Deep BreatHER©, please contact us on DeepBreatHER@invengin.com.

Kind regards,
    Eric
    Managing Partner invEngin
    DeepBreatHER@invengin.com
    www.invengin.com

2. May 17, 2015 #2

Toobuilder

Toobuilder

Toobuilder

The above is not a link to your site - it points to Youtube.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    rv6ejguy likes this.
  3. May 17, 2015 #3

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

Unless you are employing some sort of Comprex-like supercharging like was used several decades ago in F1 and are able to run at AFRs way lean of stoichiometric, the claims presented here are unlikely to be achieved. I'll wait for the running prototype to demonstrate the indicated performance increases. Pretty hard to escape the physics aspects of engine breathing/ mass flow and the thermal efficiency realities.

I can't think of one revolutionary idea to come along in the last 60+ years for IC engines which has even shown half the gains of what you claim here. Most improvements are evolutionary and incremental like, VVT, EFI and anything else probably had its genesis further back than that.

Sorry to sound harsh but the link/videos are not informational in any way so why bother posting them? I could create something similar in an afternoon.
    Are you looking for investors?

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    TinBender, Hot Wings and BoKu like this.
  4. May 17, 2015 #4

I did like the music and you took my breath away.

5. May 17, 2015 #5

Tom Nalevanko

Tom Nalevanko

Tom Nalevanko

I'll second that the website is worthless. Just some possibly unfounded claims. But the music is nice. It's a very Euro-thing to say I have something big but it is a secret. Show the world, what do you have to lose? Otherwise why waste people's time?

Blue skies,

Tom

6. May 17, 2015 #6

invEngin

invEngin

invEngin

Thanks for your reaction, rv6ejguy

It doesn't worry me you can't think of such an idea, it would worry me if you did. We can't reveal more then we do on the website, i'm sure you understand.
    best regards,
    Eric

7. May 17, 2015 #7

TFF

TFF

TFF

I have modified a Cox .049 to run on yard clippings and retrofitted it to my Lear 45. I have also learned to buy land trusts for free. If you would like to learn how send $10 to...

bmcj, Cy V, gtae07 and 8 others like this.
  8. May 17, 2015 #8

invEngin

invEngin

invEngin

This has become too big for our company, so a partner is one of the possible choices.

9. May 17, 2015 #9

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

It doesn't worry me either but I know enough about engines and physics to stand by my statement. Talk and theory is cheap and easy. Real life validation of the theory is quite another matter. I'll be waiting for more details. Power to you if you can make good on these claims and prove me wrong.

gtae07 and BoKu like this.
  10. May 17, 2015 #10

Lemans

Lemans

Lemans

So that makes two of us.
    And...as long as I can read on the forum that such an engine is impossible it's OK.

11. May 17, 2015 #11

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

Why talk about stuff like this when, not only don't you have a running example to prove it, you also state in the videos that there is no existing, independent corroboration of the theory even? A feeling does not make something a reality. This is simply a very big stretch given that you produce neither.

4trade and don january like this.
  12. May 17, 2015 #12

Lemans

Lemans

Lemans

Can't you understand that a forum (or a public website) is not a place to reveille the technology behind such an engine? If someone likes to see what this is all about, just send an E-mail to invEngin. If the man behind the mail is serious he will have his answers.

13. May 17, 2015 #13

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

Serious about investing/ production or serious about satisfying his curiosity about how these massive gains in processing double the mass flow at the same rpm are possible without supercharging? Not clear what you mean here.

If the developer has patents in place, they shouldn't worry about disclosure. If they don't, probably wise not to disclose anything to anyone until they do, regardless of legal documents signed.

This is probably the wrong place to find technical or financial partners for such a venture.

14. May 17, 2015 #14

Head in the clouds

Head in the clouds

Head in the clouds

The OP said "We reach out to you and your network to establish an introduction to such a company". Frankly, if this forum is good enough a place for him to appeal to us to use our personal good standing to make approaches to third parties on his behalf, I would have thought this same forum was good enough a place for him to provide sufficient corroborated information to separate his proposal from the hundreds of spoofs, scams and unlikely claims made by others who have passed this way before.

I can't see that the Op is any more likely to offer his 'secrets' if one were to send the requested inquiry by email. Any meaningful response would still put the information in the public domain, wouldn't it?

In any case, three years ago I posted information about an engine with efficiency levels far superior to those being proposed here -

The Zero Displacement Engine

rv6ejguy, akwrencher and BJC like this.
  15. May 17, 2015 #15

clanon

clanon

clanon

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
  16. May 17, 2015 #16

Riggerrob

Riggerrob

Riggerrob

May I hazard a couple of guesses about what the OP is hinting at?I

First, he might be speculating on "internal cooling." Internal cooling starts with a conventional 4-cycle, piston engine, then gets a new cam that converts it to 6-cycle operation. The cam opens and closes valves to add an extra cooling cycle, so that it works on a suck, squeeze, bang, blow, suck in cooling air, blow out cooling air ..... repeat. Internal cooling blows twice as much ambient air past the hottest components (exhaust valve and spark plug) reducing the risk of pre-mature detonation. In the long run, we hope that internal cooling will reduce the need for external cooling fins or radiators.
    The down side is that the engine would need a massive flywheel and multiple cylinders to reduce torsional vibration and keep it turning during the "empty" fifth and sixth strokes

Alternately, he could install a blower (turbo-charger or super-charger) that would double the amount of ambient air blown into the cylinder during the exhaust and intake strokes. Again, twice as much airflow does a better of cooling the cylinder from the inside. He will need to modify the cam shaft to hold both valves open longer and need to reprogram the injectors to squirt the fuel in later in the intake stroke.

17. May 17, 2015 #17

Lemans

Lemans

Lemans

Yes, you could be right...and ….may be it's wise and logic to wait until a running engine is mounted in an airplane to show the world how a smart idea can make a huge difference.
    But, the future is for those with an open mind.
    Only one question needs an answer...is disbelieve and ignorance better than an appointment and a presentation of this technology?

18. May 18, 2015 #18

WonderousMountain

WonderousMountain

WonderousMountain

Wow,

I'm convinced :computer:. Would you send me the step files? So I can look at what you're doing in OnShape?

LuPi

19. May 18, 2015 #19
    And I've got some beachside property in Mali for sale to the first bidder.

20. May 18, 2015 #20

4trade

4trade

4trade

That site and lack of information is just completely waist of time for viewers. There is plenty of different ways to get engines breathe. That does not means existing engines can take the heat of breath!

If you got some heat here, you should expect that based on your "reveal" and zero information.

Urban Dictionary: if you can't stand the heat , get out the kitchen