• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Data plate mounting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 30038

My A&P says I need to mount my data plate outside the aircraft. Both planes have gone their whole life (20+ and 35+ Years) with the plates inside the cockpit viewable from outside. I know what the Regs say and have seen other planes with same mounting.
How can this be? How did they get Special Airworthiness Certificate if this isn’t legal? How have they gone the whole time without being cited?
Should I mount outside?

Back