• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Concern over aluminum thickness on wing attachments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Bad88

Supporting Member
Hello All,

I have been working on the metal parts of my Onyx and I have a concern regarding the forward wing fittings. They are made from 1/4" 6061-T6 and are designed to have a bearing (3/8" I.D.) press fit into the pivot end. The drawings of this fitting show a radius of 16mm for the outside and a non-dimensioned hidden line for the bearing diameter. The detail is 1/2 scale and it appears that the diameter of the bearing is 22mm, this would leave a 5mm margin around the perimeter of the bearing. This seems to me like it is not enough and I am considering making the margin 6mm as this would add approximately 0.06" of material to the margin.
WP_000066.jpg

Back