• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

comfortable seat angles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gschuld

New questions again;). I'm sure that there is some useful reading material out there regarding seating angles for aircraft design online, but I haven't been able to locate them. I am trying to lay out a new KR-2s for my 6'3" frame while trying to keep the profile as low and sleek as possible. Beyond putting the seat bottom position as low as possible, one of my issues is regarding how far back can a seat be reclined before one reaches the functional comfort cut off point. I've driven a few sports cars where the seats were reclined considerably(+/-45degrees), and were very comfortable to me. But unless there was a headrest supporting my head at a tilted forward angle, hours of driving left me with a very sore neck. I have basically signed off on the idea that seeing over the nose for taxiing will not be possible if I use a stance that will allow anywhere near a full stall landing(taildragger). I'm OK with that. I'm also potentially OK with the idea of using some sort of removable/adjustable headrests for longer trips if it allows me a nicer profile without being uncomfortable. I will be hand building the seats regardless so any design is possible.

Thanks in advance:grin:

George

Back