Chipper Aerospace For Sale

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by Cy V, Sep 21, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 21, 2019 #1

Cy V

Cy V

Cy V

Looks like James Wiebe has decided to sale the Chipper business after the fire. This was posted on Kitplanes...

Following a fire earlier this year that destroyed much of the company’s inventory and tooling, James and Kathy Wiebe have decided they cannot continue operating the Chipper Aircraft side of the business and are offering it for sale.

In a message on the Chipper website James and Kathy explain:

“Our business insurance has provided us with a partial payback on what we owned.

We did not receive enough insurance proceeds to continue to operate. We did not have business interruption insurance. The life savings of James and Kathy were invested in the business, and it is gone now, without recovery. Therefore, James is focused on creating current and future income through electronics work.

We prioritized insurance proceeds to pay the debts of the business and, to the best of our abilities, the obligations to our customers.”

The Radiant Technology side of the business remains open.

https://www.kitplanes.com/chipper-aerospace-up-for-sale/

Additional info is on the Chipper website...

https://www.chipper.aero/

2. Sep 21, 2019 #2

Bill-Higdon

Bill-Higdon

Bill-Higdon

3. Sep 21, 2019 #3

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Watched the video... I cringed when he heated up the probe and then set it on the wooden desktop.

...and now we know how the fire started.

Actually, in all seriousness, I was not a huge fan of their aircraft designs (not a debate point, only a matter of personal taste), but my heart goes out to the Wiebe’s. It’s hard when disaster takes down something that you have been working hard to accomplish, and it’s even more disastrous when it takes your life savings with it. I wish them well.

BJC likes this.