• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Capacitive vs. Float style fuel senders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_John

Well, I suppose it is almost too late for me to make a change in this decision, but I want to be comfortable with my choice.

I ordered capacitive style senders for my tanks. I want to use AVGas and a Lycoming, but there is a chance (this changes routinely) that I may use MOGas and a SOOB. I seem to recall differences in the fuel that affect how each fuel floats the float. They say that calibrating them is different for each fuel. Is that true? What about capacitive?

Seems to me the fuel type won't matter in either instance. I want to use the capacitive style for greater accuracy.

Questions:

1) Are the capacitive senders any more accurate that floats? I assume so.

2) How compatible are the capacitive senders with EI Systems? I haven't yet settled on a brand.

3) Can I swap from one fuel to the next without recalibrating?

4) Last, but certainly not least... What is the operational theory behind the capacitive system and how does it work?

:confused: CJ

Back