• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Alska Airlines... Wow Am I Ever a Convert...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

Alaska Airlines... Wow Am I Ever a Convert...

Awhile back there was a thread going on in here about cramped seating... then I took a Delta flight on what the flight attendants referred to as Mad Dog ( beat up old MD 80 that had blue duct tape holding the seat cushions together) and had to wait SIX hours for the plane because all the avionics failed and it had to go back to the airport not once but twice... took over eight hours for a 3 hour flight. Hell is what it was. But the silver lining was we got an extra bag of pretzels...

Fast forward last weekend and a trip from Albuquerque to San Diego.... my wife booked us on Alaska Airlines non stop ... I told her I hope the plane maybe was from at least this century... what a surprise!!! It was the best flight I've had since you could smoke on board with the pilot! Shiny Canadian E-175 with so much leg room I thought I would cry... what a smooth flying beauty... SO much better than full of used parts Boeing 737... I'm certainly sold on Alaska for their planes (I know they have some of the old junk too) and their service... wonderful airline...

Last edited:
Back