Aero Designs Pulsar

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

I just got in my car, leaving the local Menard's big box store, when I spotted this.

Of course I had to get out and talk to the guy. He was busy putting tail lights on the tail and wiring them up, and had just bought the thing.

It is an Aero Desigins Pulsar. Mostly finished. It just needs a bit of sanding and filling and top coat. Although the guy said he wants to replace the steam gauges with a glass panel.

IMG_20200626_141950826_HDR.jpg

Notice the license plate. Washington State! That is a long drive from Ohio!

Aerowerx

He said it had a Rotax engine, but not which one.

He told me the performance specs but I don't remember what they were. I do remember, however, being impressed at the time so I doubt it was the 2 cycle.

Chris Matheny

HBA Supporter
Always loved the design and looks of the Pulsar. Didn't know there was one for sale so close to me. I see you're from Marion, I'm near Springfield/Urbana area.

Aerowerx

An awesome machine but pretty small inside. I fit at 5’7” and 170lbs but two-up... you need a small passenger.

I’d love one...
When I first saw it I thought it was a roomy single seat.

He also said that if you and your passenger were not close friends before a flight, you would be by the end!🤣

When I first saw it I thought it was a roomy single seat.

crusty old aviator

The Pulsar is HUGE compared to her predecessor, the single place, 447 powered Star*Lite. The original Pulsar had the larger 2-stroke Rotaxes. Now they have the 4-stroke Rotax 912, but are still quite diminutive inside.