• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Acro Sport II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion

R.I.P.
An older gentleman stopped by my hangar yesterday to look at what I was up to. In our discussion he mentioned he's selling his bipe. Always being curious I asked him if I could take a look and got a surprise - this is a nice piece of work.

It's a plans built Acro Sport II with about 80 hours on the airframe. The engine is an IO360-A1B (200 hp) with about 1,200 hours. It uses a fixed wooden Sensenich prop, which is apparently capable of pulling the plane at about 150 mph, or a bit faster if the front seat is sealed and the front windscreen is removed. Although we didn't take the cowl off, with the side panel opened, firewall forward it looks quite clean and well done.

The paint and finish looks to be first rate, the welding is also quite nice and consistent throughout the assembly. The instrumentation is basic, but then this is essentially a VFR airplane anyway.

I think this could be a very nice plane for someone - I was tempted but the last thing I need at this point is one more distraction.

The best thing for someone looking for something like this is that the owner is selling it for essentially the price of the engine - $30k. The price is firm and I think a fairly good deal.

The owner's name is Elton George - his phone number is (425) 210-5109.

Attachments

• acro2.JPG
    acro2.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,899
Back