• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A thread for solving aviations ailments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inverted Vantage

Formerly Unknown Target
As mentioned in here, I wanted to start a thread or forum specifically for identifying new problems with aviation and brainstorming ways to solve them. Just let loose, make it the quirkiest thing you can think of, or the most serious, practical solution. Maybe somewhere in there there's a solution. I'll start with a few problems, someone take their pick and run with it. If someone has another problem they'd like to discuss, feel free to post it :)

1) Light aviation is viewed by many in the public as inherently dangerous and more crash prone. Many people refuse to even try it because of this, thus diminishing the relatively small user base of GA. How to fix this?

2) Insurance costs drive aviation costs through the roof - everyone is liable for everything, and lawsuits are flung around like candy. By bringing down insurance prices and/or liability, we can make GA more affordable - but how?

3) GA is often only known to most people as those dinky airplanes that fly overhead and those reckless pilots who fly them. It's definitely nowhere near the limelight where people are well informed, like other motorsports. How can aviation be made to be more...known by the general public than it already is?

Well that's it :) I tried to stay away from distinctly design questions - not that some or all of these can't be solved as design issues. But I've just argued those points here on the forum and I don't think anyone wants me to keep beating a dead horse :) So please, discuss or add your own and discuss each others!

Back