• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

80% scale Tiger Moth vs. Pitts S2 vs. Special.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterson

While I plan on building an F12A as a long term goal, I am considering cuttings my teeth on something simpler and less expensive to familiarize myself with home building an aircraft. I would like a low cost of operation, fun to fly, and the ability to take a passenger. I have never flown a biplane but they seem to meet all the criteria above, plus the nostalgia factor! How do they fly compared to the 150s and 172s I rent? Do any of them offer something unique that the others don't? I'm fairly low on hours now, so I don't want something that's going to be a handful, but I would like something that will be up to more advanced maneuvers as I become more proficient. It doesn't necessarily need to be fully aerobatic,but it should be able to allow me to hone and refine my skills at a comfortable pace.

Insight and experience greatly appreciated!

Back