• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

3D Printing Gears and Carbon Fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castanedabjj

Anyone give that a shot?
I'm going with a belt driven pulley system, and I've been designing it in CAD, polishing up my skills to get it print worthy.
Also read some pretty interesting threads on here, and some of yalls experiences with vacuum bagging motivated me to learn. So just waiting on the compressor to get here. Inno about you guys, but I love getting packages. Especially for projects and stuff.

Back on subject, since im really just prototyping. I dont really see anything wrong with 3D printing my gears and laying some sweet lovin carbon fiber. Not looking to make them stronger than steel or anything. But, I am hoping for sturdy conditions for testing. Looking forward to showing off my printed model in the build thread for sure. But if anyone has tried, some feedback is criticism is more definitely wanted.

Richard

Last edited:
Back