• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

2nd vacuum bagging attempt question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Supporting Member
While I was working this morning, on my second attempt to make good part, I developed another question that really needs to be answered.
As it turns out, I had leak on my mold at location "A". I spend a few nights to find it, but in the process of looking for it was fighting with all kinds of leaks on my plastic against the mold. I marked it as my "leak B" and you can see it on my picture.

So, I made conclusion that mold leak at "A" on my first attempt was driving resin out of the finish part, and I end up with very "dry". This situation created very "dry" part. I am thinking that if my leak would be on plastic side and continuously working pump would be able to hold some reasonable vacuum = nothing would really happen. Leaking air would be migrating slowly under the plastic right into suction port. And as long as leak is relatively small = finish part will stay "wet" and under pressure. Only downside is cycling on and off pump.

That's my conclusion. I would like to know if this is correct.

IMG_2918.jpeg

Back