• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

2CV 30hp boxer engine, where do I put my carbs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenaatXS

Hello,

yesterday, I managed to rebuild my 1975 Citroën 2CV 602cc car engine. It cost me a total of 100€ to get it like this (engine+paint+sandblasting+gasket kit+oil filter). The engine is a french Citroën engine, well-known for its reliability. It produces standard 32 hp at 5500 rpm, I'm guessing it can produce 30hp at 3500 rpm with twin 34mm carbs and electronic ingintion. Dry weight is just below 30kgs/65 pounds.

I want to use this engine on the Spratt 103, the engine is mounted behind me, pushing the aircraft forward.

This is what it looks like now:
2skdk.jpg

2libhbk.jpg

For your information; it looked like this when I bought it:
34ox0fq.jpg

Now, I want to make my carburettor manifolds. One problem: I'm not experienced with carburettors in avaition.

There are three options:
(please keep in mind that I will place K&N air filters or something else)

Option 1:
2iiwpa8.jpg

This way, my carbs won't freeze because they are very near to the engine. But I don't know what the air pressure is right there, near to the airscrew.

Option 2:
2cqnqyo.jpg

The air is being pushed into my carbs this way, but I think my carbs will freeze?

Option 3:
333900l.jpg

Something in between?

Anyway, I would like to know your advice concerning what place I should give to my carbs.

Thanks!

Back