1/2 VW plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

mullacharjak

IMO the Le Pelican has enough wing span 37 feet to carry the weight of a 1600cc VW engine unless one wants to fly without a licence.The Australian tyro is a smaller wing but flies with the 1600cc.Fisher super koala flies fine with a 1600cc(example in Finland).The 1600cc is a very under utilized engine.Maybe because its avaiable and too easy to convert and its considered to be very heavy.

F3A-1

Does anyone have a "full case" with rear mag? I have not found one yet. If plans exist I would like to buy a set.
I have an engine with the distributor and want to convert to rear mag or half case with rear mag as a last resort.

Thanks,
Lex

JohnB

HBA Supporter
Does anyone have a "full case" with rear mag? I have not found one yet. If plans exist I would like to buy a set.
I have an engine with the distributor and want to convert to rear mag or half case with rear mag as a last resort.

Thanks,
Lex
Scott Casler will build you a full case with mag but I doubt he will provide plans. One of the Legal Eagle drivers is a mechanical genius and has converted several in that configuration, I think he posted some napkin drawings sometime back, I'll check.
He also developed a spin on filter adapter that uses a Goldwing motorcycle filter and sits where the oil cooler was.

JohnB

TFF

Rear mag should not be much issue because they have been done to full VWs since the 60s. The Teenie Too plans came with very basic engine conversion documents.

F3A-1

Well, my full case, 1/2 VW has the crank cut in half.
I have a couple of other full case, full cranks such as a Revmaster with the mag driven from the aft of the crank.
I can create an extension, but was just looking to see if it had been done before with the 1/2 crank.

Thanks for the lead JohnB