• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

sonerai.net

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifidibosco

Hi all
when I try to connect to sonerai.net I am automatically redirected to homebuiltairplanes.com. Is that normal ??

Should not be, here is the link I just took to- sonerai.net.
Although, and I had not noticed this before, this area of HBA seems to mirror the Sonerai.net general discussion page.

I was also automatically redirected to homebuiltairplanes.com . I have tried to get to sonerai.net, but can't.
If it helps, I already had a tab opened to homebuiltairplanes.com, and another set to sonerai.net. This is the way I do it on a daily basis. Except, today, when choosing the tab already set up for sonerai.net, it redirected to homebuiltairplanes.com

I was also automatically redirected to homebuiltairplanes.com . I have tried to get to sonerai.net, but can't.
If it helps, I already had a tab opened to homebuiltairplanes.com, and another set to sonerai.net. This is the way I do it on a daily basis. Except, today, when choosing the tab already set up for sonerai.net, it redirected to homebuiltairplanes.com
Same,
also I cannot see my messages tab nor can I message Fred to see what is going on.

We recently merged Sonerai.net into HBA. All threads, posts, users, images. Traffic had declined so much at Sonerai over the last several years that it was running at a loss from the expenses. We tried many different ways to increase it but none worked. Since there are so many discussions/classifieds already here at HBA the decision was made to combine them. Every piece of content was moved, we are just working on the Articles right now, they should be here today.

Hopefully the transition goes well. It seems like there's always some broken glass (well, broken links).

Participants often appreciate it if they are given a heads up so they can backup especially critical data, discussions, etc.

Hopefully the transition goes well. It seems like there's always some broken glass (well, broken links).

Participants often appreciate it if they are given a heads up so they can backup especially critical data, discussions, etc.

Can you point me to a broken link please.

Can you point me to a broken link please.
No, I'm not a member of sonerai.net. I'm sure everyone is doing what can be done to make the transition a smooth one.

Was/is there a reason to not inform sonerai.net participants in advance of the transition? It seems to have spawned some confusion. And I'm primarily interested because it would serve as precedent for how things could someday go here at HBA.

Thanks for all you do.

At one time, I was under the impression that (as part of his re-acquiring the rights to the Sonerai) Jon Monnett was taking over Sonerai.net from Fred Keip, and it was the Sonex/Sonerai forum being supported by Sonex Aircraft. Whatever happened to that?

Just to set the record straight, I turned the ownership and operation of Sonerai.net to the current owners before I sold the SoneraiWorks business back to John In 2019. I felt that they were far more qualified to run the forum than I was. For what it’s worth, I don’t think John or Sonex really wanted to deal with the forum site anyway. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Just to set the record straight, I turned the ownership and operation of Sonerai.net to the current owners before I sold the SoneraiWorks business back to John In 2019. I felt that they were far more qualified to run the forum than I was. For what it’s worth, I don’t think John or Sonex really wanted to deal with the forum site anyway. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks Fred!

Back