Whats your thought AC

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

don january

Log Member
I have some hinge half's on my build that have only one bolt and the nut is not accessible from the one side and would like to build in a backup safety system to aid the bolt from not backing out. Not only would the SS screw hold wire but also would hold alignment of hinge half from rotating.this can be done with one or more SS screws at 360 degree choice of locationsafty wire.jpg

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Nice solution. Here is the way Frati handled the problem throughout the Falco. (Admittedly it requires more fabrication effort.)
Capture.JPGFalcoConstructionDrawings 344.jpg

Chilton

That looks very similar to the Chilton tail hinges, they use a lock nut on the back, and a single woodscrew above the bolt head to lock the rotation.

Considering how much of the Taylor Mono is a simplified copy of the Chilton I would not be surprised if thatis the original set up on your parts.

don january

Log Member
I guess John Taylor was not worried about the hidden areas and him getting his nuts off. :oops: Taylor-monoplane print pic. requests all 7 hinges be done this way and to me this is a prime example of building your self into a corner.aaa hinge.jpg

Last edited: