• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Vibration Analysis Company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Over the summer I noticed the gear lash in my Marcotte PSRU was increasing. After disassembly I found excessive wear in the prop shaft spline teeth. The gears have since been replaced with new and the plane is back in the air.

The engine must be hammering on the gears but analyzing the source and a possible correction is above my ability. Does anyone know of a company capable and willing to analyze vibrations in an auto engine powered aircraft? A company near Texas would be even better.

Russell Sherwood
Glasair – Subaru EG33

Back