• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Troubleshooting Trig TY-91 Installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am out of ideas. I have installed a new Trig TY-91 along with Pelker ME510 Electret Microphone. I am using a professionally made (Goddard) harness between the transceiver and the control head. I cannot get it to make any sound out of the speaker nor can I receiver anything but carrier when I transmit. Here are the symptoms, I would greatly appreciate anyone with some dditional ideas for troubleshooting this thing

1. This is in an ASW-20 fiberglass bodied glider. Previous radio was an ancient Terra that was giving me problems.
  2. Input voltage in 14.92 when operating
  3. The boot up screen on the control unit goes through normally
  4. I ran a tone through the speaker and the speaker is working as expected.
  5. PTT switch appears to work. I have a handheld ICOM radio, when I PTT the ICOM goes silent (getting carrier)
  6. I never hear any noise whatsoever from the speaker when it is hooked to the radio, even when I first power on and turn up the volume.
  7. When I transmit and speak through the microphone I don't get anything but carrier.
I have a good VOM, but that is it for test equipment. I can't find any way to make the radio run any diagnostics. Any ideas?

Back