Quantcast

Triple Tree 2019

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

tdm3

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I plan to be there. My wife and I are driving over from Tennessee. Last year was our first year to attend. We camped out and had a blast. 7000' grass runway, lots of planes, good food, well maintained venue, workshops and fabulous people. What's not to like. Looking forward to it.

David

BJC

HBA Supporter
tdm3

If you see me, please say hello. I’m the guy in the straw hat here Oshkosh 2019

I plan to camp by my airplane, a Sportsman 2+2 that is yellow over white with blue trim.

Byron

tdm3

HBA Supporter
Log Member
tdm3

If you see me, please say hello. I’m the guy in the straw hat here Oshkosh 2019

I plan to camp by my airplane, a Sportsman 2+2 that is yellow over white with blue trim.

Byron
Will do. What days do you plan to be there? We will either drive over Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and stay until Sunday.

David

BJC

HBA Supporter
I plan to be there. My wife and I are driving over from Tennessee. Last year was our first year to attend. We camped out and had a blast. 7000' grass runway, lots of planes, good food, well maintained venue, workshops and fabulous people. What's not to like. Looking forward to it.

David
I tell people that the Triple Tree Fly-in has just three things that make it worthwhile.
It is the nicest airport that I have seen, including the runway, the camping area, the showers, and the pilots’ lounge.
It has the best food that I have had at any fly-in.
It has the friendliest group of volunteers and staffers of any fly-in that I have attended.

I arrived in the rain last year, and heavy rain leaked through the tent that night. The next morning, I was using the (free) clothes dryer when two ladies drove up on a golf cart, asked if I were Byron, then said, “We heard that you need some tent seam sealer, ...”. They cruise the grounds, take orders for what people need, get some cash from the camper, drive to Walmart, buy what is needed, then deliver it and your change to your tent. Then they do the same thing in the afternoon.

Video tour here

BJC

Last edited:

BJC

HBA Supporter
Will do. What days do you plan to be there? We will either drive over Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and stay until Sunday.

David
Our (Eric, my son-in-law will be with me) schedule is not set, but likely will be the first three days. I’m waiting to hear Eric’s work schedule. I’ll post an update later.

BJC

tdm3

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Triple tree is top of the list for when I have some wings. They don't admit non pilots.
As was said above, you can get in as a non-pilot. I'm not a pilot at this point, so I used my EAA card to get in last year. You only have to belong to a legitimate (my words not theirs) aviation group tp get in. I had no problems

Daleandee

Working on a tentative plan to be there the first 3-4 days i.e. arrive Monday and return Wednesday or maybe Thursday. I'll be the guy in the "Cleanex" (Corvair powered Sonex) that has "Myunn" on the tail with my tent set up next to it.

A friend is driving in and bringing his pop-up camper so I might not need the tent.

Dale
N319WF

gtae07

Oh, I wish we could make it... but my wife starts grad school that week. It's on the list for when the airplane is done, though. SnF may be more doable before then.

n6233u

HBA Supporter
I am hoping to fly down one day during the week and then return on Saturday with our Camper for the evening festivities.

Reactions: BJC

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I have an acro contest that weekend in VA. Maybe it won't conflict next year. I really want to see this place!!
Me too, maybe next year with the JMR.