• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

"Thump Air" by KidKhaos6427

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Dub

Anyone else notice the Youtube videos by Scott, aka KidKhaos6427 or kidkhaos on his "Thump Air" engine? It has electric start and with the redrive, carb, etc all up ready to fly is under 70 lbs. He has a few videos of doing some takeoff tests with his Thump Air engine.

It looks like he's using a Chinese Honda clone 440 or 460cc single cylinder industrial engine with his own homebrew belt redrive (looks similar to the Ace Aviation Redrives who also happen to make a belt redrive for that engine too). It looks like he is partnering with Badlands UL for that engine.

Anyone at Oshkosh that can stop by to learn any specs like HP and/or thrust figures? What redrive ratio? Max RPM? Any info?

I'd love to learn more as I have looked at that engine wondering if it could make a reliable 35-40hp. Might work on my Firestar to replace the Rotax 447 as he is doing/has done on his Aerolite 103.

Last edited:
Back