• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Thing's that should be shared

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

I got back from North west North Dakota today in a cessna 172 and we were over loaded and hot as heck out side, Thought to myself man you should stop taking risk's. The flight went fine and my memory took me back about 40 year's and there I see the pawnee coming in for a landing. The wind shield looked normal with dad's little head in the middle but both side's of the cockpit had what looked like elephant ear's on each side. Mind you I only share this story in the hope's no pilot does the same thing. Well as the bird taxie's up I see head's pop out of each side of the plane. There's the loader and flager sitting on the door frame leg's inside. Of course I was butt hurt because I never got a ride like that and did'nt think it was fair. After whinning for awhile the oh man said it was a mistake and forget about it. There hop was only a few nautical mile's but now that I'm older and have hour's of my own I would never regret not getting a ride like the older boy's did.....So my flying friend's out there dont take chance's there is enough danger without opening the door to it. Donkr-2.jpg

Back