• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The things we do...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

OK some of you may be wondering why, after my research and work my own design, I have decided to build a KR2S from plans.
Well, as I have already said previously, my lovely (and now pregnant:D ) Wife has gotten the building bug from me, and she would like to have a small plane we can both build and fly.
I also feel that since I have never built anything on this scale before (apart from helping putting a couple of little tube and fabric planes together with some friends), it would probably be wise to start with something a little more sedate and with a definative plan to follow, so I can get a feel for the process for something of this size. Even with the R/C models, I started small and worked my way up to the larger, more complex ones.
It also will provide me with a kind of test bed I can use to try out some of my ideas.:rolleyes:
In short, it is kind of a primer for bigger and better things.:ban:
The work on my design will certainly continue, and that plane will be built. I think the experience I will get from building the KR will go a long way to help me to make my plane a better and safer project.:D

Last edited:
Back