• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Switch from 1835cc to 2180cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ach

Good day,

First of all new into the forum :) I would like to apologize in advance if you find some mistake in my messages as I am not a native speaker.

I have in France on my pusher aircraft (an IBIS RJ03) a 1835CC engine. And as I would like to change some parts to do a 2180CC I contacted many time Great plain but i had no response from them, so i will ask my question here as I need some help if you don't mind.

Somebody know the modification that I have to do to switch from the 1835CC to the 2180CC ? I planned tu buy the crackshaft from Great plane, but as no response I ask me the question if I can adapt with the same safety level for this size of propeller a car engine cranckshaft (what brand is good for this application ?) if I will do the machinery to adapt the great plaine hub ? (I was interested by the great plaIne as it's already machined for the hub and magnafluxed, bad point I have a very very high level of customs fees but it was not a problem if they answered me)

About rods, can I keep them ?

On the block I have to machine the cylinders places, room for cranckchaft into the lower part of the block ? Then the propeller hub, and is it on the 2180cc that I have to machine for the rod and also the camshaft ?

If you have some advises and tips don't hesitate !

Thank in advance.

Back