• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Suggestions for continuing education?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inverted Vantage

Formerly Unknown Target
Hey all, hope this is the right forum :) Was just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions as to how I might go about lessening the impact on my wallet in continuing my instruction past private and into instrument/commercial? Maybe services that FBOs or flying clubs might be willing to exchange for flight time?
I love in the Rochester, NY area if that's any help.

And also, a semi-related question; I was trained in the Caribbean in a DA-20. Don't know if anyone's flown in the Caribbean but it's relatively lax in terms of rules and it's not very busy. I flew once in the states and was overwhelmed by the amount of traffic/chatter and the unfamiliarity with the aircraft (a very, very old Cessna 152). Anybody have a problem similar to this, have a suggestion to cope with it? I'd like to save money and time, but if you guys think requesting the instructor to go over basic flight with me again would be helpful...(also never flown in cold weather, or anything even remotely close to icing conditions, and my AGL was never very far from my MSL, etc etc).

Thanks!

Back