• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Stepped back in time. Hilvety Airport.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N8053H

Flew into a small strip today for lunch. This group does this the last Saturday of every month in the spring, summer and fall. They invite anyone who would like to come. Even though only a few come they still do this. Please if you are in the central Illinois area fly in for lunch. Leave a small donation in the till. They won't ask for this but what I do.

As I sat there listening to the stories from years past in the 40's and 50's I stepped back to the barnstorming years. They have some cool airplanes here. One being a Quicksilver Sprint. The man who owned this from what I heard anytime you saw him flying this he was inverted. He never flew her right side up but inverted. Had to be something to see. This sprint looks brand new today.

They even use the same bathroom they had back in the day. You must like to rough it to fly into here. You feel like you stepped back in time. I love it and had to share.

SAM_7390.jpgSAM_7384.jpgSAM_7383.jpg

http://www.airport-data.com/airport/5LL1/

Tony

Back